Are there any fire safety issues concerning oxygen concentrators?
Oxygen is combustible so there are some fire safety issues. To minimize the risk of fire there are a number of actions you can take:
- Read and follow the oxygen concentrator safety manual.
- Keep the oxygen supply at least five feet away from any open flame.
- Do not use aerosol sprays near the oxygen supply.
- Avoid static electric sparks – Use a humidifier.
- Make sure the oxygen concentrators is place and kept upright.
- Never cover or place anything on top of your oxygen supply.
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby in case of accidental combustion.