What contents should be contained in a home first aid kit?
In emergency situations at least a few basic medical supplies should be kept in close proximity to help someone in the case of a medical condition or injury. Knowing how to treat minor injuries can make a big difference and stop it from becoming more serious. Basic first aid classes and literature should allow anyone to effectively use the contents of a home first aid kit. Here are some basic contents that any good home first aid kit should include.
- A cell phone with a rotary or solar charger
- Two pairs of sterile medical gloves
- Sterile dressings to prevent continuous bleeding
- Cleansing disinfectants like antibacterial soap
- Antibiotic ointment to prevent infection
- Burn ointment to prevent infection
- Adhesive bandages in a diverse number of sizes
- Eye wash solution
- Emergency medication that is prescribed to members of your family such as insulin, heart medicine, and asthma inhalers.
- Aspirin or pain reliever
- Anti-diarrhea medication
- Scissors & Tweezers